Monday

Rambling Farmstead Update


The lettuce, onions and a few herbs: chives, parsley, and catnip have been transplanted into the greenhouse bed. The kale, broccoli, cauliflower, Swiss chard, and spinach need a bit more growth on them, then they will be transplanted outside.

I'm behind on harvesting: parsley, celery, and rhubarb. Although it is a very simple task to harvest and prepare them for storage, time continues challenge me. I have found frustration more recently, than I ever used to, due to so much more to do.

For moment, I question this way of life. I feel the heaviness of doubt weigh my thoughts. I know I need to shake the uncertainty. I remind myself this journey is not by our design. It has been directed, step by step. I tell myself we are on the down hill side of this part of the journey. We now in a waiting time period. Our faith is being tested. Skills are being used.








In between working off farm, the seeding, planting, weeding, preparing meals, caring for the livestock, and studying, we have been finishing up some outside projects, in preparation to putting our home on the market. We still have some outdoor painting to do, but that will be taking place in the dryer months ahead.




We finished splitting and stacking the remaining firewood we harvested last fall and winter. We have found over the last five years, that we are consistently using five cords of wood for the seven months, to heat our home.



We have also agreed to find another source for our wood supply this year, as the previous place we were getting it from, became too stressful, and uncomfortable for us. It was not stressful or uncomfortable in regards to the work load required, but in dealing with people. It was not a safe environment to be in. We believe if it is the Lord's will for us to heat with wood, he will provide another source for us.



And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19 NIV


Enjoy the day!

Kris

6 comments:

Fine Linen said...

Kris,
Thank you for sharing. I understand the heaviness of way to much to do. But the Lord does give us His strength and peace to complete these tasks He's laid out before us. Your wood stack looks great, and Praise the Lord for His provisions. I'll be in prayer your able to find another wood source.
Blessings and Peace

William Cross said...

Hi Kris,

If you don't mind the work, and I doubt you do, often times I see posts in the local papers classifieds for wood in trade for clearing someones land. That may be one route to go. Luckily, we have a few acres of woods which should keep us for a while along with the unexpected miracle we got after this past winters ice storm here. We now have about 12 cord split and stacked thanks to that storm.

Blessings.

William

A Farmstead Pilgrimage... said...

Hi Fine Linen!

Yes, I agree the Lord does provide His strength and peace, we must be mindful to seek it, especially when there is much to do.

Thank you for your prayers, we appreciate your kindness.

Have a blessed day!
Kris

A Farmstead Pilgrimage... said...

Hi William,

Thanks for the tip for searching the local classified. Sounds like a possibility.

Wow! 12 cords is great to have available. There is nothing like wood heat! We think it is the best and satisfying heat to warm yourself and home by.

Have a great day!

Blessing's over your way!
Kris

hedy King said...

I, too, know the weight of doubt about our pursuits. We need to revisit our faith again and again. Follow where ever He leads. Chin up. Hedy

William Cross said...

Can't agree more about wood heating being the best. We learned the hard way this past winter when the ice storm hit us and took out power for 15 days. If it had not been for a local amish store having some stoves in stock we would have been in trouble.