Saturday

Reflecting Back... a Blessing

After not posting for so long, I find it not easy to make an entry. It is not that I have nothing to share. Much has been accomplished towards our progression to making the move to a self-sustainable lifestyle.

Rather, my mind questions, 'How does one enter back into posting after being gone a while?' I can continually begin my entry with the reasoning of why I have been gone for so long, yet it is another reminder to myself, of my personal struggle with not having enough time and energy to accomplish things.

In my absence of not blogging, I have had time to think about various things which have been laid heavy upon my heart. One topic has been my blog. It has been about a year since I began this blog. I can honestly say blogging has gone just as I envisioned it and just as I had not.



Towering Burgundy Hollyhocks, Summer 2009

When beginning this blog, I imagined I would struggle in finding that balance of time needed to go between our small farm here, working off farm, and blogging. And that indeed has been the occurrence. The part I had not envisioned is the people; the development of friendships, and the meeting of like minded individuals from around the world.

Thank you for the opportunity to have met you, and to have been able to visit your part of the world. It has been a blessing.

Enjoy your day!
Kris


May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other, and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. 1 Thessalonians 3:13 NIV

4 comments:

Fine Linen said...

Kris,
Hello dear friend. I hope your doing well, and thanks for the update. I'm sure it's cold your way by now. May the Lord bless you and keep you and yours healthy this winter season.
Blessings, Fine Linen

lisa said...

Kris, thank you for stopping by to see my blog...Thank you for the encouragement about the ice cream maker..I am buying it for my Son and new wife..I didn't want to say that on my blog just incase they read it. My son LOVES soft ice cream.

As with your blog...You have inspired me..when I first started off with my blog I was looking more into blogs that were about primitive decorating and soon realized that is not me. I do love taking something old and making it work again. I was showing off everything that I was redoing and I felt I was boasting these things and that is not what I had planned...I wanted to live off this land that God provided for us. With my husband supporting my ideas with living a simple life..I read and learn so many things from you and other bloggers in how the Lord works in their lives...I am slowly changing my blog to what God wants me to share with others...Thank you for sharing the things that are important to you...Lisa

A Farmstead Pilgrimage... said...

Hi Fine Linen!

Thank you for your kind words.
The cool weather has set in...but no hard freezing yet!

Blessings to you and your family as well!

~Kris

A Farmstead Pilgrimage... said...

Lisa,

Your welcome! I think the ice cream maker is a nice thought for a gift.

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm glad to have met you! I still remember the noodle board your husband made for your birthday.

Have a wonderful day!
Kris