Monday

Another Discovered Talent...

About the second week in October, our final harvest of the vegetables
was being done. The counters in my kitchen were full of tomatoes, zucchini,
cauliflower, broccoli, and basil all waiting to be processed for storage.

For several days in the early morning before going off to work, and then again in the evenings, I was elbow deep in vegetable processing.

During that time, my husband spotted my knitting needles sitting next to several yarn balls. He decided to test the yarn out.




For several evening's after work, he knitted and knitted.





Then he asked me, "What do you think?"





Wow! Was I ever surprised! This was his first hat!







This two-tone brown and gray hat is his second. It is knitted with 100% Peruvian Highland Wool.





Now he is on his third hat.




I think he is addicted! {grin}



Have a great day!
Kris


If you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. Proverbs 2:3-5 niv

8 comments:

Pamela @ Seeds of Nutrition said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog.
Lovely blog and I'll be returning.
I am most impressed that your hubby knitted those hats. They're really nice. I'm a knitter myself.

lilymarlene said...

Looks like he's a natural!

Laurie said...

Very nice! Send him over - I'll buy the yarn. ;-)

Kelle said...

WOW, he's a natural. You must be a good teacher. I don't know how to knit, wishing I could find someone close to teach me.

Keep him going, the hats are beautiful!

Blessings,
Kelle

A Farmstead Pilgrimage... said...

Hi Pamela and welcome!

It is nice to meet you.
Thank you for your kind comments.

Hi lilymarlene! Yes, I agree.
Thanks for your comment.

Laurie,
My hubby grinned when I read your comment. The secret is out, and now many people will be expecting something from him.

Thank you for your kind comment.

Kelle,

My hubby laughed when I read him your comment, as he actually taught me to knit. {grin}

Thank you for your kindness!

~~Blessing to you all!~~
~Kris

Hedy King said...

So good to see you back here. I was wondering how your fall was progressing. Better keep that husband's talent a secret, everyone will want one of those hats! Wishing you a peaceful winter, Kris. Keep good thoughts, Hedy

lisa said...

Kris, Isn't it cool that he is not afraid to knit. My husband crochets. He has made many afghans and hats.. Then I found out a few men crochet in church..It is addicting. I started crocheting so I wouldn't eat while watching TV..I love your husbands work...very talented. Can't wait to see more of his work...Lisa

Mr. H. said...

So your husband has inspired me, I will one day learn to knit. I'm not sure when, but it is on my "things to learn how to do list" and I always follow through eventually. I have been thinking about this post for quite some time now.:)