Sunday

Last Hike Before the Snow...

The first weekend in November, my husband and I decided to spend a day in the mountains. There was a winter storm arriving in the next few days. This would be our last opportunity to hike in the sunshine, on bare ground.

We packed a homemade lunch of baked beans, coleslaw, pickled beets, bread, trail mix, and a jug of water.

We drove about an hour to our destination, which is at an elevation of 5200'. The temperature when we arrived at the summit was a cool 33 degrees.

Once reaching the trail head, we would hike another 525' in altitude. Whew! It is hard to catch your breath in that thin, cold air.

















The day was perfect, with all peaks and valley's visible; the colors were glorious!
Heavy frost covered some of the higher areas. Although my photos do not do justice to the heavy frosted scenery, it was very eye catching to view.

We were blessed with a beautiful day.


Thank you for stopping by.



~Let me live that I might praise you, and may your laws sustain me. Palms 119:175 niv~

4 comments:

Fine Linen said...

Those pictures were wonderful. What a wonderful day you much of had in deed. Stay warm dear friend and many blessings!!
Hugs, Fine Linen

Northern Farmer said...

Hi Kris,

Those photos bring back some memories for me.The way it looks to me I was up there in them very same mountains in 87! I was stunned by the beauty of them!

I'm glad to hear you folks had a wonderful day!

God Bless!

Tom

A Farmstead Pilgrimage... said...

Thank you Fine Linen. Blessings to you and your family, as well.

~Kris

A Farmstead Pilgrimage... said...

Hi Tom!

Thank you for your comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. Yes, I have to agree with your words. The area is stunning to be in/among.

Blessing to you and your family!

~Kris