Wednesday

Last Hike Before the Snow...Part 2

These are the final photos of our last hike.

Photo above:

On the otherside of this grassy area is a deep ravine. The mountains continue on and on, as far as you can see. Some of the mountain peaks are 8,000 feet tall.



Photo above:

This photo is looking down into another ravine. There is a small pond that is frozen below. I told my husband, 'I'd sure like to climb down there, to get a closer look'. He said we should not, as it was quit steep and icy.


Photo above: Crossing the ridge top.


Photo above: Evidence of harsh weather conditions.




Photo above: Looking off to the west from the ridge top.




Photo above: Endless mountains. Road to summit.


I hope you enjoyed a part of my world.
~Kris




3 comments:

lisa said...

Oh what beautiful pictures....Thank you for sharing...Lisa

Kelle said...

Thanks for the view, it was breath taking! In your first post on the hike, I love the lunch you packed, it was right up my alley*wink*
We enjoy your blog and you'll see us again and again.

May your weekend be full of special blessings
Blessings from,
The Never Done Farm

All Natural Mama said...

So pretty!

http://all-natural-mama.blogspot.com/