Monday

Handcrafted Simplicity



The foot stool above is one of my husband's creations. On New Year's Day, he spent few hours out in the cold barn, building this stool. He left the decision up to me to cover the top or leave it wood.

I opted for the fabric, as the fabric seems to bring a warmth to the stool. Another small item to mark of our list of things to accomplish.

However, my actual plan for the top is to use the wool from our sheep, and handcraft a wool rug top. But first, I must get the wool spun. Oh dear, the likelihood of it happening soon does not look promising. One more item to put back on the 'To Do' list. How does that happen? I thought we were making progress. {grin}


Enjoy the day!

Blessings!

Kris

A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones. Proverbs 15:30 niv

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Nice looking stool you've got there. I also love the knitted hats your husband made. Those look so warm! I'll have to try cabbage next year in the winter.

A Farmstead Pilgrimage... said...

Hi Vickie!

Yes, the hats are warm, even in the cold wind. I was surprised to find that out.

Yes, give the cabbage a try, it has been a blessing.

Thanks for your comment!

Blessings to you & your's,

Kris

Hedy King said...

I, too, wonder how to get to my to do list. There is something wonderful about being able to see the finished project without the,"but firsts". However, for me at least, there always seems to be a but first I must with most things. Love you posts, Kris and your determination and faith. Hedy

Cary at Serenity Farms said...

Hi Kris, I hadn't stopped by for a visit in awhile, so have been enjoying catching up! Love the stool and your husbands hats. Your cabbage and beets look so delicious! Is the cabbage also growing just under mulch or more? Do you have trouble with rodents in the mulch? I have very active mousing cats, but still have trouble with rodents (including wild rabbits)

God bless,