Sunday

Hello! Just Checking in...

Greetings to All!

The end of the growing season is here.  We have been pulling out the growing plot and putting it to rest for the winter.  What a LOT of work!!  I think there is more work pulling out the plants, than the preparation of the ground and planting in the spring

I am being pulled in different directions right now.  I do not like the pressure I carry lately. I have always enjoyed the normal daily, endless workload, and embrace it, as it comes with this way of living.  Lately I find myself resenting the work I do here, at times.  I have to stop and remind myself, this pressure is only temporary, just until school is finished.

~Pacific NW Mountain Natural Art~
August, 2010




This year our harvest was an extremely lean one.  Our tomatoes and corn gave a good try, but the cold and dark days just won.   We will be purchasing some extra onions, carrots, and winter squash for our wintertime use.   We still have a small quantity of tomatoes and corn left from last year to use.  One things I've learned in the past, is to never use all your harvested items from the previous year, if you can help it. 


~Pacific NW Mountains~
July, 2010


From the beginning of this blog, I have not mentioned where we will be moving to.  It was not an oversight, but done intentionally as we are still unsure where the Lord is leading us.  We have come to a point where our eyes have been opened to many different possibilities of where to live and how to live (on grid or off grid).  Sometimes with many options it makes decision making more difficult.

What I can share is that we will be staying in the Pacific Northwest, and that we are looking at rural mountain areas.  We have looked completely at two states, Oregon and Washington.  The last two states we are considering are Idaho and Montana.
`



~Kris on day hike in Pacific NW Mountains~
May, 2010

I am finding difficulty in school.  I continue to seek the Lord for guidance in this matter.  My schooling was not something we considered when we began our pilgrimage back in 2005.  After three years into it, we realized it was something that needed to be learned.  I pray daily, Lord willing that I make it to the end.  It is our desire to take what is being learned, and glorify Him and His beautiful creation. 

On Friday, my book work and two essays were submitted. Now I begin to study for the final test which will be third week of November.  The pressure is on and I am feeling the tension.   Praise the Lord, hubby has been able to do alot of the 'kitchen' work, making meals and washing dishes to give me more time in the books.  What a blessing!


Until next time...

Have a blessed day!

Joyfully,

Kris

Praise the Lord!  Praise God in His sanctuary;  Praise Him for His mighty expanse.       Psalm 150:1 NASB

4 comments:

Sonya said...

Hoping everything works out with your move and with your tests. I just finished the MBA while working FT and making a move- so I understand all that completely. Excited for your future though. And you are on the right track leaving on the Lord on these things.

A Farmstead Pilgrimage... said...

Congratulations Sonya for finishing your MBA! I find it is harder to 'do schooling' as I get older. Too many other things to attend to, to keep daily life going.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Blessings to you!
Kris

Scott or Pam said...

Beautiful country. Gald I found your blog and I look forward to reading more, God bless.

Toyin O. said...

Praying for you about school and a better future harvest.