Thursday



Greetings Family and Friends!

I hope you are all doing well.  Once again much time has passed since my last post.  I have been kept overly busy.  Too, too busy!  It seems to me, that my life is rushing past me at an accelerated pace. There does not seem to be time to do the things I need to do.

Although we are striving to live this so called 'Simple Life', my daily life has become the opposite.  I don't find much simplicity where I am standing right now.  Peace and contentment do not visit me very frequently these days.  There have even been moments, which I catch myself thinking 'How much easier our lives could be, if we just went back to the ways of following along with society.' Yikes!! At the moment in which I realize the depth of this thought, I tell myself, 'No way! You have come too far to turn back now! You are committed to the end!'  So once again, I pick myself up;  take another step forward toward the goal, in weariness.







~Purple Spring Broccoli~
(Photo taken Sunday, April 22, 2012)




Tonight, as I walked in from the field after picking a five gallon bucket of Purple Spring Broccoli, and feeding my girls (the sheep), darkness is arriving quickly.  My mind begins to run through the 'things to do', once inside the house.






~Five gallons of Purple Spring Broccoli~
(Harvested tonight after work)



'Prep and process the broccoli (some for the freezer and some for the dehydrator), make up Boston Baked Beans, so it can cook overnight, wash dishes in the sink, ask 'T' (hubby) if he needs help picking up Doug Fir branches out front of our property, lubricate the bedroom door so it doesn't squeak when opened (in the early hours of morning), read chapter in school book, see if I can get time on the blog'.





Then, what seemed like out of nowhere, calmness settles in my mind.  The reviewing stops. I stand for a few moments and listen.  This is what I heard...





video




Nature, it IS so good for us! 

Someday, my life will settle into a quiet routine.  I will find that peace and contentment, I once knew.  But for now, I take it in bits and pieces, here and there.  






~Cheery and Sweet Smelling Daffodils~
(in the front flower bed)



It is my hope that I find time in the next few evenings to post happenings and pictures.

See you in a few days!
Kris








2 comments:

DeanO said...

I love the gentle night sounds

A Farmstead Pilgrimage... said...

Glad you enjoyed it! I love standing out there too...

Blessings,
Kris